Last month, the USA today released a list of best casinos and hotels in the US. Mohegan Sun in Connecticut topped the list. Since then, another list has been compiled consisting of gaming-related ranking by ten Best Readers Choice Awards.
The listing focused on the best casinos outside Las Vegas in 2019 and the gamblers gaming experience. Top in the list is Barona Resort & Casino from Lakeside, California. The tribal facility is situated 30 miles northeast of San Diego; it offers 75 table games and 2,500 slot machines.
The second and the third in the list are Foxwoods Resort Casino in Connecticut and Pechanga Resort Casino in California respectively. Grand Sierra is the fourth, and Connecticut Mohegan Sun is the fifth.
The 10Best.com insisted that the list is original, unbiased, and based on experiential travel contents. They also consulted with gaming analysts, experts from the American Casino Guide, and gaming Destinations magazine to prepare the list.
Here is the full list of 10 Best Casinos outside Las Vegas:
- Baron Resort Casino, Lakeside California
- Foxwoods Resort Casino, Mashantucket Connecticut
- Pechanga Resort Casino, Temecula California
- Grand Sierra Resort Casino, Reno Nevada
- Mohegan Sun, Uncasville Connecticut
- Encore Boston Harbor Resort, Everett Massachusetts
- Resort World Catskills, Monticello New York
- Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, Reno Nevada
- Turning Stone Resort Casino, Verona New York
- Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, Biloxi Mississippi
To determine the best casinos, casino.org reported that friendly table games are one of the factors considered. Blackjack payouts, single zero roulette, free slot play, and free machines are other factors used to rank casinos. The smoke-free floor is considered as a creed for a good casino.
Out of the ten best casinos outside Las Vegas, half of them are owned by the Native tribe. These casinos include: Barona, Foxwoods, Pechanga, Mohegan Sun, and Turning Stone.