In the 2019-2020 season, Clemson were ranked No. 5, the first team out of the four-team playoff. Joe Burrow, LSU quarterback, has made his team’s case for the top spot in the College Football Playoff ranking. There is a high probability that when the CFP rankings are released on Tuesday night, the Tigers will move into the top four. Clemson won by 10-0 against North Carolina State and won the ACC Atlantic Division.
Maryland remained unbeaten at 9-0 because of the work of No. 1 Ohio State. No. 2 LSU edged out No. 3 Alabama in a 46-41 thriller in Tuscaloosa, and No. 4 Penn State was upset on the road against No. 17 Minnesota. PSU will likely drop out of the top four and the fourth spot is likely to be Alabama, but one-loss Georgia and Oregon teams, as well as undefeated Minnesota, could sneak in. It is now a record of 66 weeks for the Crimson Tide to be ranked inside the top five followed by Miami which was in the top five for 55 weeks in the early 2000s.
An Update of Title Odds
The Tigers have the third-shortest odds of winning the College Football Playoff National Championship at +450. Clemson has the easiest path to the playoffs according to Casino.org. FanDuel has the Tigers with the shortest championship odds at +200. The Buckeyes play at Rutgers, host Penn State, and then travel to Michigan. If they win out, they’ll likely play Minnesota in the Big Ten Championship. Alabama is at +1200, Georgia and Oklahoma +2500, and Oregon +4000. Minnesota is at +10000.
The following games of this week will pit AP ranked vs. ranked teams:
- No. 10 Oklahoma plays at undefeated No. 12 Baylor. The visiting Sooners have 10 points.
- No. 21 Navy plays at No. 16 Notre Dame. The Midshipmen are 9.5-point underdogs against the Fighting Irish.
- No. 5 Georgia plays at No. 13 Auburn. The Bulldogs are favored by a field goal.
- No. 7 Minnesota takes its undefeated act on the road to No. 23 Iowa. The Hawkeyes are favored by three points.
- No. 24 Indiana travels to Happy Valley for No. 9 Penn State. The Nittany Lions look to bounce back and are favored by two touchdowns.