Best Online Casinos for American Players!
Deposit $20, Get $100 FREE!
Promo Code: 20EASYWIN100
5.0 rating
5.0
400% First Deposit Bonus up to $4,000 USD.
Promo Code: 4000WIN
5.0 rating
5.0
400% First Deposit Bonus up to $4,000 USD.
Promo Code: 400CASINO
4.8 rating
4.8

Gaming fanatics in Sacramento County, California, might have to wait a little longer for the one and only casino in that part of the state to be opened. This was after the tribe behind the project, Wilton Rancheria, announced that the opening of the casino had been pushed to 2021. Sometime last year, the tribe gave a press statement saying that they planned for the projected to be completed and launched in late 2020.

However, there have been some hiccups that have been experienced along the way that is causing the delay. In an interview with the local media, the chairman of the tribe, Raymond Hitchcock, explained that they needed to redesign a few areas, though he did not specify exactly what parts required alteration. He said they were waiting for spring so they could commence work, which was expected to take at least 18 months.

The Elk Grove Casino is being built in cooperation with Las Vegas-based, Boyd Gaming, on a 35.9-acre piece of land. The land was purchased by the two gaming operators in 2017 at a cost of $36 million. Talking of now, the land has already appreciated faster than was anticipated. According to one news article that was featured by Casino.org, so far the project has created 1,600 construction jobs and is expected to create a further 1,750 jobs once it is launched. Economic wise, this whole deal has had no match to it.

About 97.3 percent of the square space, will be designated to non-gaming activities such as hotel rooms, shops, hotels and event venues. The rest 2.7% will be allocated to be a gaming venue, though details on how many gaming slots and tables will be there have not yet been released.

Despite its size, it still falls short of the largest gaming venue in Northern California. Thunder Valley integrated casino boosts of 144,500 square feet of gaming space, with 2,700 gaming slots, 103 gaming tables, a room set aside for poker and a bingo area.

The project has not been without its ups and downs. Last year, Stand Up for California, an activist group that is against setting up of gaming venues in California, went to court seeking to block the construction of Elk grove.

Fortunately, the tribe was given the go-ahead to continue with the project after the judge dismissed the lawsuit. That was in October of last year. After the ruling, the tribe said that it is working hand in hand with the federal government to have the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act amended. In fact, other reliable sources mention that it seeks to have the current policies and regulations changed so it has to give a clear understanding of how tribal gaming is to be approached.

Stand Up for California has vowed not to back down and is already filing an appeal. The tribe on the other hand, has promised to continue with the project, dismissing the activists’ move as just mere noise.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

TOP ONLINE CASINOS πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
Red Stag Online Casino
Red Stag Online Casino

400% First Deposit Bonus up to $4,000 USD.

Desert Nights Online Casino
Desert Nights Online Casino

$10 FREE BONUS at Registration.

Slots Capital Online Casino
Slots Capital Online Casino

400% First Bonus up to $4,000

Uptown Aces Online Casino
Uptown Aces Online Casino

400% First Deposit Bonus up to $4,000 USD

Slotocash Online Casino
Slotocash Online Casino

Deposit $20, Get $100 FREE!